[ZS0] [mapguide-users] drawing customized markers on the fly

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Feb 28 05:08:32 EST 2008

Yes, it is possible, but a few steps are involved:

1. Create a temporary featuresource
2. Create a temporary layer to display the features
3. Insert the temporary layer into the runtime map

The buffer files in the MapGuide viewer has template code for all three
steps.
All steps are explained in the Developer Guide (PDF version at least).

The icon and url are columns in the feature source, and you can select
them when you insert the marker.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S