[mapguide-users] Add/Edit on map

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Feb 28 05:13:44 EST 2008

Yes, you can add labels runtime, just add a point with an inivisble
signature, and the label appears.
To insert the points at runtime, refer to the post on the mailing list,
that I just made:
"drawing customized markers on the fly"

You can edit the data by accessing the datasource.
If the provider supports updating, you may also edit it.
If you are considering editing objects in the map, you can use a Fusion
layout (which uses OpenLayers),
and then read the WKT from the datasource, and insert it into an
OpenLayers Vector layer.
You can then use OpenLayers to edit the vector layer, and optionally
write data back.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S