[mapguide-users] FW: Problems while labeling polylines

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Wed Jan 2 05:25:12 EST 2008

There's MgStylizationUtil::ParseColor(CREFSTRING colorstr, RS_Color& rscol)
sitting at the line 99 of StylizationUtil.cpp (MGOS 1.2.0), is this the
right one? Please find attached roads LayerDefinition XML if there's a
chance you can tell from it's contents what prevents proper stitching (I'm
using this layer as a dynamic one, should make no difference). Geometry
stored in Road feature class is pure LineStrings.

When you say "fixed 2 pixel Manhattan distance between line endpoints", does
this mean endpoints only (excluding startpoints)? My LineStrings are not
explicitly directed - at least not in any specific order.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic

Traian Stanev wrote:

> The stitching part is independent of the composite line styles. The
> specific data source should not have an effect. The custom projection
> should not matter either.
>
> As far as the logic for composite line styles, it is located at line 99 of
> StylizationUtil.cpp. The code has to enter the if condition in order for
> it to work (the comments there explain a bit of what's going on). If you
> look at the logic there and compare to your XML LayerDefinition, you may
> be able to tell why your line style definition does not conform to what
> the code expects.
>
> The stitching code is not very smart, it uses a fixed 2 pixel Manhattan
> distance between line endpoints as the limit (it does all the math in
> pixel space, but in double precision). The relevant code is in
> LabelRendererBase.cpp, function CloseEnough().
>
> Traian

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14576156/TEST.LayerDefinition.xml
TEST.LayerDefinition.xml