[mapguide-users] Mapguide 1.20 Server Crash, can't restart

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Tue Jan 22 11:38:01 EST 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:01:17 -0800, Zac Spitzer <zac.spitzer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Using 1.20 on windows server 2003, my mapguide server stopped
> responding, I got the following errors in the server error.log
>
> I tried to stop the service but it got stuck 'stopping', being 2003 i
> can't kill the process with task manager or pskill/psservice/taskkill, I
> always get acesss is denied
>
> beyond the old reboot solution, can anyone suggest another solution?

Have you tried Process Explorer to kill the process? (It may still
encounter the access denied problem, though.) The other thing that
sometimes works for me is open the Services applet in Control Panel, edit
the properties of the MapGuide service there and set the service to
disabled, apply, and then set the service back to automatic.

 From the error log I'd guess that one of your FeatureSource definitions is
bad.

--
James Card