[mapguide-users] HTTP/1.1 559 MgFdoException after displaying large raster layer

nclayton nclayton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:19:41 EST 2008

I changed the subject to reflect the latest details on my issue.
Here are the specifics of the issue:

I have a layer for raster images that I have named "aerial". This layer
points to a folder on the server that contains 594 ecw files that total
17.6GB in size.

I have the max visible range for this layer set to 1:20,000 to reduce the
amount of raster information that has to be displayed.

I have code to toggle a layer on and off, which works fine. Once I toggle
the aerial layer on though, I start getting the HTTP/1.1 559 response from
mapagent.fcgi. This causes none of my SDF based layers to load. I still see
the raster layer (when toggled on) and text layers which pull from a
database.

The full text of the response is:

<head>
<title>MgFdoException</title>
</head>
<h2>An exception occurred in FDO component.
SDF connect failed. File does not exist or cannot be opened in specified
access mode. </h2>
An exception occurred in FDO component.
SDF connect failed. File does not exist or cannot be opened in specified
access mode.
Exception occurred in method MgFdoConnectionManager.Open at line 979 in file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_18.1\mgdev\server\src\common\manager\FdoConnectionManager.cpp