[mapguide-users] The Map Lifecycle...

uXuf yousuf.hassan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:09:47 EST 2008

Hi all,

I would like to know more about the weblayout lifecycle when it gets
displayed. I'm trying to add a few operations via javascript to the file
that contains the weblayout. These operations basically hook on to the
onload function of the map (something continuing out of my earlier "before
map load" posts). The problem I am encountering is that while the hookup
functions work exactly as intended, the Layer legend crashes. Well, not
exactly crashes, but only question marks show up where the legend icons
should show, and certain layers that I dont want appearing in the legend
start appearing.

I am using the javascript setInterval technique (as in the task pane
examples) to accomplish this. While everything else goes smoothly, the
legend goes haywire.

I have verified this by commenting out ONLY the code that manipulates the
map, and the legend was fine. So it looks like it has got something to do
with manipulating the map while it was being loaded. I am using the
mapFrame.GetScale() method to check whether the map is loaded.

Could anybody tell me exactly where does the weblayout initialization
finishes and exactly where should I inject my code (or what to check)?

Thanks,
uXuf