[mapguide-users] Adding a new feature class to an already existing feature schema

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Tue Jul 15 09:29:27 EDT 2008

With Apply schema command you can set whether modifications of schema
will be used (SetIgnoreStates) or schema will be applied as whole.

But there are differences between providers as well as versions of same
provider how they deal with Apply Schema command.

If I remember correctly in Fdo2Fdo new class is added to data store just
by executing apply schema (schema with only new class) against existing
data store.
Also If I remember correctly that didn't worked with SDF if there was
already some data in SDF. But again there were changes in SDF provider.

Haris