[mapguide-users] Fusion custom widget: how to proceed

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Fri Jul 25 09:59:53 EDT 2008

I'm struggling with this. I think part of the problem is that I've been
trying to use the redlining example
(PHPSAMPLES/DIGITIZING_FEATURES/draw_line.php) in the creation of a Fusion
widget. Not to mention the fact that this is my first time with the MapGuide
API and I'm not sure conceptually what the steps are to add a custom
geometry to a map.

Where I'm at is that the JavaScript behind my DrawPolygon widget is calling
the PHP I've written (based on the aforementioned "draw_line.php"). I assume
that the PHP code is OK (it doesn't error) but how do I get the map to
refresh once the PHP code has executed?