[mapguide-users] Fusion custom widget: how to proceed

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Mon Jul 28 05:24:32 EDT 2008

I've now taken the SelectPolygon widget as the basis for my new DrawPolygon
tool. I have created duplicates of the functions in
fusion\MapGuide\MapGuide.js such as query(), processQueryResults() and so on
and tweaked them to call my PHP function.

The whole process completes without error: I draw a polygon, the PHP is
called, and the map refreshes. But my geometry doesn't appear. What am I
missing?

The PHP code is definitely creating a new layer. But I'm not seeing this in
the "this.aLayers" collection in the JavaScript. Should I? How do I show my
new layer?