[mapguide-users] Import Views from Oracle Spatial

Dragan Podvezanec dragan.podvezanec at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 02:35:39 EDT 2008

A. Fischer wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> when I create a new Layer in MapGuide I can only select the tables from my
> database but not the views.
> Now I read here, that I have to insert the views into the
> user_sdo_geom_metadata - table:
>
> INSERT INTO user_SDO_GEOM_METADATA  VALUES ('VIEW_NAME',
> 'GEOM',SDO_DIM_ARRAY(
>     SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('X', -1000000, 1000000, 0.005),
>     SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('Y', -1000000, 1000000, 0.005)
>      )
> ,NULL)
>
> But I still can not select my VIEW from the list. Is there something else
> to do?
>
> I would be pleased to receive an answer.
> Kind regards, Alexander Fischer

Well, I followed thread from few days ago, someone had same problem. The
solution is that View must have primary key to be selectable. If you are not
too familiar with this, you can use Haris's FDO2FDO Tool, then you read
Oracle source, select the view and just click Create Primary Key. It worked
for me, I hope it will work for you too.

Of course, I aasume that you use King.Oracle FDO provider