[mapguide-users] add servers?

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 09:28:04 EDT 2008

there's more info about why here

http://www.nabble.com/MapGuide-RFC-42---Remove-Support-Servers-td14184171.html

basically really quickly, the site server / support server approach
was inefficent

the gist is your better off using a sticky load balancer and manually
replicating the repository content
between servers... there was a lot of talk between the servers which
affected the scale..

if you still want to follow the old approach, i guess you can restore
the mapadmin php files from
the 1.2 subversion branch

Alas, there is no out of the box solution to handle the load balance
approach, it needs to be 'sticky'
so that sessions always go to the same server

Apache has some support this, which I have never tried out
http://www.howtoforge.com/load_balancing_apache_mod_proxy_balancer

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
<ks at geograf.dk> wrote:
> The removed server sections were part of an RFC to improve usability:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc42
>
> The comment near the bottom is discouraging:
> This RFC removes existing functionality. However, site and support servers
> were difficult to configure and it is unlikely that this functionality is
> currently in use. It will still be possible to turn off unnecessary services
> by directly editing serverconfig.ini.
>
> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>

> Andrew DeMerchant skrev:
>
> I'm running MGOS 2.0.0, and I'm trying to add a server. I don't see a link
> to "add a server" anywhere....I've got "Manage Servers", "Configure Server"
> - but neither of those have the ability to add one. On a hunch, I tried
> browsing to "addserver.php", and sure enough, there was one. None of the
> help documentation works for this though - they have broken links when it
> comes to adding servers. Now, when I try to add my new server using this
> hidden addserver.php, I get an error....."Invalid argument(s): [1] = "2" The
> collection is invalid because the size was not what was expected."......any
> suggestions?
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Andrew DeMerchant