[mapguide-users] Drawing source DWG data

ricbud richard.budden at atkinsglobal.com
Thu Jun 5 05:05:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am having to bring CAD dwg files into MapGuide as drawing source data
rather than feature source, as the Text and hatch objects in the dwg are not
supported with feature source. I also want to bring the file in as one
resource, rather than each dwg layer forming a separate MapGuide layer
(there are a lot of layers in the dwg).

Doing this means that in the MapGuide map, I am unable to interrogate the
data and determine which layer it originally came from, and therefore
determine what each object actually is.

Is there a better method that I can use which will allow me to bring the
data in as drawing source data, and allow me to query the data in MapGuide
to display attributes?

Thanks,

Richard