[mapguide-users] WMS - coordinate system overriding in MGOS 2.0.1 fails

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at CSOGIS.DE
Thu Jun 5 05:05:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

in MGOS 1.2 I used coordinate system overriding for WMS layers as described
in

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoWmsNotes
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoWmsNotes

This works fine for me since I've updated MGOS to version 2.0.1. No WMS
layers showing up anymore!
I recognized some logging entries in Error.log. The message is:

Raster transformation is not supported.
The coordinate system (EPSG:4326) of layer Naturschutzgebiet cannot be
different than the coordinate system () of the map.

In my Config.xml-file I've overridden the coordinate system with EPSG:31467
(it's definitely supported by the WMS-server). My map is also in EPSG:31467.
It seems to me that MGSO takes the first coordinate system entry (in my case
EPSG:4326) from the WMS source whether there is an cs-overriding defined in
the SpatialContext-Node of the config.xml.

So my question is if someone has realised the same problem and has a
solution. Maybe it is a bug with handling coordinate system overriding  in
MGOS 1.0.2 or FDO 3.3?

Gunter