[mapguide-users] MGOS2.0.1 & Raster Files Performanc

G.E.O.-Consulting / Hans Mörschell moerschell at geo.co.at
Thu Jun 5 12:16:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

We experience the same problems using MGOS2.0.1 with IIS on MS Server 2003
and MS Server 2008 and an ASP application (FDO Provider). We use Tiff and
MrSID files of different sizes and resolutions but the errors are always the
same as described (cannot stylize layer, out of memory, no more connections
and so on).

We now have some kind of "monitor" application and restart the mgserver
process if necessary, but this is not a really good solution because
throwing the error "no more connections..." the mgserver process does not
crash rather "refuses" to render the images.

Furthermore restarting mgserver resulting in loss of session data is really
annoying so we are looking now for some workaround, does anybody have any
idea what can be done ?

Possible ideas might be:

 - using an external image server, is there any ?
 - recovering sessions, is there any possibility ?
 - ???

Thanks for any further ideas

Hans