SPAM-LOW: RE: [mapguide-users] MGOS2.0.1 & Raster Files Performanc

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Fri Jun 6 02:54:53 EDT 2008

Hi Andy,

Yes, I'm on MGE all the time (2007 thru 2009) using ECW imagery. I don't
know how Autodesk Raster provider relates to Frank's GDAL provider (are they
related at all?), but it seems that they suffer from identical bug. If the
two are not related, then it must be something with FDO core - suspiciosly
similar exceptions get thrown if provider (any provider fot that matter)
sequentially writes to the datastore in a short timeframe - please see
ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/285, then
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/323.

I'm running my own GDAL build (with ECW support, targeting Oracle RDBMS via
ODP.NET) aside from MGOS/FDO and it works flawlessly. It has to be something
about the unmanaged FDO core.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic