[mapguide-users] interacting with the map

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sun Jun 8 08:23:15 EDT 2008

Yes and no :).

MapGuide is primarily about displaying maps.
The data exists in some form of file or database.
It is possible to digitize objects in mapguide (aka, the user can draw
objects).
There exists code in MapGuide that allows you to write data into SDF files.
The FDO format allows for writing to most of the supported backends.

You have to initialize the digitizing process, which MapGuide supports.
Once the user has digitized the object, you must write it back into the
backend.
This is where it gets tricky, because write support is not fully supported.
Unless you are using SDF files, you will have to use either FDO or a
manual connection to update data.

If you are using points only, it is very simple to update a database
with the correct x,y values.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S