[mapguide-users] Shareable markups

mrsyer joey_syer at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:04:40 EDT 2008

Hey everyone, I've tried just about everything now and I still can't get
markup working. thanks alot for all your help. Heres what ive done so far.

In the markupmain.php i changed line 43 from '$openMarkup =
$markupManager->GetOpenMarkup();'
to '$openMarkup = $markupManager->GetAvailableMarkup();' This enabled me to
open or create new markup, but when I try to actually draw markup I get this
error in the task pane:

Invalid resource name: Shell%20Routing
Invalid resource name: Shell%20Routing Exception occurred in method
MgResourceIdentifier.CheckName at line 651 in file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\common\platformbase\Services/ResourceIdentifier.cpp

Creating the markup will automatically create the folder Library://Markup.
So that's all good. I have also tried editing the 'Get Transform' in the
markupeditor.php. It seems that editing this does not affect anything.

So i have concluded that it is probbaly a Coordinate system problem. I
created a test map and test layout using the coordinate system of the
redding.mgp file and some of it's data and it worked fine. So that means
everything is set up properly, I believe what i need to do is change the
coordinate system the markup is projected in, that way hopefully it will be
compatible with my projects projection (Nad 83 UTM 17N).

I know that this line 'const LL84WKT =
'GEOGCS["LL84",DATUM["WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS
84",6378137,298.25722293287],TOWGS84[0,0,0,0,0,0,0]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["Degrees",1]]';'

must be edited in the markupmanager.php, but Im not sure how thats done.
Anyways, I hope to get this up and runnning and thanks for all your help.
JS.