[mapguide-users] Mapguide Maestro and OGR FDO provider

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jun 15 09:25:57 EDT 2008

Jamo181 wrote:
> Cheers Ken thats worked a treat !
> was missing 2 DLLs I'm able to load the DGNs without a hitch now even gets
> the Mslink value that links it to the database :) very pleased, anyone know
> if theres any development on implementing the DGN V8 format ? it holds XML
> data I belive much like a feature definition, including item and values :) .

Jamo,

There is no work on DGN v8 at this time.  It is quite a distinct format,
and would be a substantial job to implement from scratch.  I've looked
briefly into using the dgn libraries from the open design alliance but
I wasn't too comfortable signing the agreements necessary to get access.
But, if the matter were to be pursued, that would likely be the best
approach.

Best regards,