[mapguide-users] Vehicle Tracking

Pierre Gauthier pierrega at consortech.com
Tue Jun 17 08:31:49 EDT 2008

Hi!

Another suggestion would be to use two tables.  One for "latest" known
position and one for "historical" position.

When you receive vehicle information, you update the "latest" table (or
insert if it is the first entry for a given vehicle) and you insert into
the "historical" one.  Thus, if you want to display the current vehicle
position, you don't have to bother about filtering, you have all what
you need, one row per vehicle, in the "latest" table.  On the other
hand, when you want to playback a vehicle route for let's say the
previous day, you can use the "historical" table.

Pierre