[mapguide-users] Partial polygons closed at map viewer edges

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Mon Jun 23 11:00:04 EDT 2008

That's something I also noticed long time ago :-) The solution would be to
render a map 1 px wider, and to cut it for that 1 extra pixel via JavaScript
while displaying in browser. Yes, it represents unaccurate map rendering -
people are always thinking that there's a polygon border where it, actually,
isn't.

Another funny thing is how dynamic labels behave near map edges - they get
shrunk. Although this may seem handy, it's also inacurrate in cartographic
sense. Dynamic labels near edges should be displayed as any other dynamic
label (should get cut if exceed the display limits).

Regards,
Maksim Sestic