[mapguide-users] Raster problems: status ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 24 10:22:47 EDT 2008

isca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a lot of discussions have been going on in this forum regarding the problems
> with raster images in MapGuide. Is there any chance these problems will be
> solved in MGOS 2.1 (will there be a SP for MGE 2009 based on this release
> ?). According to the related tickets which are closed in meanwhile they most
> likely will only solve the problems on the Autodesk.Raster provider (not
> supporting MrSID files), but not on GDAL.
> I do not know how about other people on this forum, but for us this is
> becoming a real problem as this means  the MGOS/MGE is still not able to
> replace MapGuide 6.5 which was supporting raster images (MrSID also) very
> well.

Isca,

I have not received any indication from mapguide developers that someone
would be willing to support me in debugging raster problems within Mapguide.
I have an interest in pursuing this, but I have several other high priority
client projects this month and it would likely be several weeks before I
could even try to invesigate on my own (optimistically).

If a mapguide developer is willing to get together with me physically,
I would be willing to spend a day or two working on the problem.

Best regards,