[mapguide-users] Spatial Data Formats Best Practice

GISDOTNET aaron.ford at ntierdigm.com
Wed Jun 25 17:31:02 EDT 2008

Kenneth,

That's what I don't understand. The features are in an ESRI personal
geodatabase when I use OGR and the tables as they are seen don't have other
geometry types e.g. in ESRI you can't have mixed geometries in a
featureclass/table. I thought that the OGR was having trouble reading the
geometry type which is why I converted the personal geodatabase to PostGIS.
The conversion went without problem; however, it still sees each table as
having all geometries which I know is not the case.

I just downloaded Maestro and was able to set the proper geometry to
display, but there isn't a preview in Maestro? So I saved the layer and
opened Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2008 and noticed that the layer showed an
error on the "Feature Class" dropdown. It appears that Maestro sees the
feature class differently than MapGuide Studio (MapGuide Studio<Feature
class=FdoPostGIS:public~taxparcel> and
Maestro<Schema=FdoPostGIS:public-x7e-taxparcel>. Not sure why or what this
means, but I can't jump between the two environments.

In which environment does the "Preview" button that you mentioned reside?

Thanks again.

Aaron