[mapguide-users] Silverlight/Moonlight Viewer

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jun 26 04:04:02 EDT 2008

Silverlight uses GDI+, which also supports hardware acceleration.
I would prefer Silverlight over Java because it intergrates better with
the html DOM (IMO).

As for codebase, the current viewers are based on Javascript, and they
are limited to
manipulating pre-rendered images.

The DWF viewer is some of it, but it is still ActiveX based.
I suppose one could make plugins for all browsers, but it still difficult
to persuade regular web users to install it.

Since Silverlight/Moonlight is more likely to be installed already,
and backed by Microsoft, it will probably be easier.

Flash is another option, but it is terribly hard to work with (IMO).

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S