[mapguide-users] Silverlight/Moonlight Viewer

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jun 26 06:59:19 EDT 2008

Yes, the ActiveX viewer format is called DWF, and it is a format
Microsoft intends to support
in the next version of Windows (called XPS I think?). Unfortunately, to
use it would require some
form of deployment to the client machine, until it is standard on all
machines.

With Silverlight, this poses problems, as it runs in a sandbox, and thus
cannot access or install
the required component. It might be possible to develop a completely
managed DWF library,
and that would work, but that would require some heavy work.

And yes, you are spot on with your observations on tradeoffs :).

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S