[mapguide-users] Problems with mapagent in Mapguide OS version 2 onubuntu?

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon Mar 3 12:16:06 EST 2008

I just got to the same point on CentOS 5 and am seeing the exact same
problems.  MapGuide Server starts successfully, PHP and Apache are working.
The PHP test page shows MapGuide API support.  I was also able to login to
mapadmin and  successfully load the Sheboygan package.  But, I cannot do
anything involving the mapagent including any of the operations from the web
tier tests and am prompted to download file type fcgi which looks to be
ascii.  When trying to connect to the site via Autodesk MapGuide Studio
2009, I get an "unexpected error in contacting site URL" error.

I concur that the problem looks like it is mapagent related and I am unsure
where to start trouble-shooting.  The big question is did mapagent not build
properly, or is there a configuration problem?

Jo, out of curiosity, did you find the configure / make / make install to
take an exorbitant amount of time?  I was finding that each step in my case
was taking about 6 hours.  I also ran into make problems the first time
through and ended up doing a build_oem.sh --clean and then restarting the
process.  After that, the install seemed to complete.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com