[mapguide-users] auto-computing map extents

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Mon Mar 3 22:48:23 EST 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to bulk load a series of XML resources into MapGuide. Each
Feature Source that gets loaded references a distinct SDF file stored in an
externally aliased directory. All these SDF files share the same feature
schema and classes.

What I want to do is for each SDF file, is to load a series of templated xml
resources (feature sources, layers, maps, web layouts, etc) into a location
in the repository. I can process the feature sources and layers fine, but am
stuck with the maps, because I know that they __will__ have different map
extents.

Is there a way to automatically compute the visible map extents of a
particular group of feature sources?

- Jackie