[mapguide-users] auto-computing map extents

David Hequet david.hequet at free.fr
Tue Mar 4 06:16:12 EST 2008

Hi,
You can use API to create a mgselection on a layer using an mgquery object
whith no filter.
Then you can get the MgSelection's MgEnveloppe.

As you can't change MapExtent during the runtime (i don't know if it's
possible with MGOS 2.0) you will have to create and execut your own
ZoomExtent method when the map is loaded

Beware of MGselection->GetEnveloppe (i don't remember the syntax), I had a
lot of Server Crash. It happen on know polygon but i don't know why (depend
on FDO provider? Or altered Oracle database..)

David Hequet