[mapguide-users] Mapguide Open Source 2.0.0 on remote VM servers

Jason Woodman jwoodman at emht.com
Fri Mar 7 14:22:34 EST 2008

I'm trying to setup MSO 2.0 on two seperate VM servers.  The servers are
clean Windows 2003 SP2 systems.

System 1 has MSO 2.0 server installed, and I've verified the service is
running.
System 2 has IIS 6 and MSO 2.0 web extensions installed.

For the web extensions install, I selected the IIS Configuration, .NET as
the development platform, and a typical install.

When I open the following URL in the browser to test the MSO installation, I
get prompted to log in (username = Administrator, password = admin).

http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=ENUMERATERESOURCES&VERSION=1.0.0&LOCALE=en&RESOURCEID=Library://&TYPE=&DEPTH=-1

After I enter the username and password, I get the following error:

Cannot establish connection.

Cannot establish connection. Exception occurred in method
MgServerConnection.Open at line 106 in file
d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_23.8\mgdev\common\mapguidecommon\Services/ServerConnection.cpp

Can anyone provide me with a reason why I'm getting the error, or a list of
things to check?  So far I've checked that the service is started, I've
tried rebooting both systems, and I've verified that ports 2810, 2811, and
2812 are open between the systems.

Thanks,
Jason