[mapguide-users] Mapguide Open Source 2.0.0 on remote VM servers

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Fri Mar 7 14:37:19 EST 2008

Here is one thing to check...

In the serverconfig.ini check to make sure that MachineIp and IpAddress are both set to the IP Address of the server machine.  Note, if at some point in setting this up, you are using the IP Address of the web tier machine, you are getting the wrong IP Address---I just want to make this clear because putting the IP Address of the *server machine* in the *server machine's* serverconfig.ini seems strange and you might think that what I really meant was the web tier machine.

Also, not that I expected anyone to see this but, there is a note in RFC 42:
In serverconfig.ini, the MachineIp and IpAddress will be defaulted to 127.0.0.1 for a "same machine" install. For a separated install, the routable IP address of the site server will be specified.

I don't think the above statement is clear about why we needed to do this, or how to configure it.  Can someone give a suggestion on how to more clearly state this in the RFC?

Thanks
Tom