[mapguide-users] SDF/Join Property Types Conversion

Bob Cassarly bob.cassarly at famis.com
Mon Mar 10 15:48:44 EDT 2008

I am using MG Studio Load Procedures to convert my old SDFs to SDF 3.
When this conversion takes place the “Key” data type property is set to
“string”, unfortunately the Oracle table field I am joining this to is a
number (a double in MGOS).

It appears that MGOS is much more finicky about the property type than
MapGuide 6.5 is (the join works fine in MG 6.5).

So I am wondering .. Are there any options that I might be missing to set
the “Key” column Property Type when the file is converted or do I need to
modify this programmatically (if that is even possible).

I have successfully joined the SDF to a view which casts this number column
as a string but I would definitely like to avoid doing this if at all
possible.

Also ..
1. Before I dig any further is it possible to convert a old SDF to an SDF3
without using a load procedure?
2. I am using unmanaged SDF so I was wondering if is it possible to set the
destination to a directory instead of the repository (it kind a stinks that
you have to convert a file then download it to use the unmanaged SDF.  FYI:
I definitely do not want to use Managed SDFs)

Thanks,
Bob