[mapguide-users] Page Faults

web web at infogeo.ch
Thu Mar 13 18:02:38 EDT 2008

BenoitBegin,
I can not tell you why you experience so many pagefaults, but there is something that comes me in mind: I've tried to deactivate the virtual memory of my windows server (by telling "no swap file for all my hard disks on system properties") and after I had make some measures, it appears that it goes at least 30% faster. It has 2gb ram. Actually I don't say it's "effectivly" possible to deactivate virtual memory on windows machine (some posts on forums says it's effectivly impossible). I ask my self why do we allocate virtual memory on 32bits machine when we can install physically the maximum amount of ram possible (4gb).

In fact this trick helped for running my server faster. I would be interressed to know what you think about this, perhaps i'm wrong !?!

Another thing, such things like firewalls, routers could make the communication a little slower from your server over the web because they filter all packets. Do you think it could be an issue for you?

Regards, Rémy