[mapguide-users] Lable problem

Nimrod Cnaan nimcnaan at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:00:54 EDT 2008

Hello Traian,

you like your suggestion about implementing a reordering custom expression function, but not shore how to write one.
Can you lead me the & tell me where to start?
Nimrod CnaanSenior GIS Programmercell 972525355483

From: traian.stanev at autodesk.comTo: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.orgDate: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:15:44 -0700Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] Lable problem

I think he means the text is appearing left-to-right, rather than the correct right-to-left. There is a ticket for that one (#271) and the solution is to implement a bidirectional reordering algorithm. I have such an algorithm, but so far have not had time to attempt to integrate it. Like someone else mentioned, there is a workaround, which involves storing the label strings in reverse in the data source.

Now that I think of it, it may be best to implement reordering as a custom expression function that one can use to reorder text. This way, no code changes would be needed apart from the implementation of that custom function.

Traian

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Dave WilsonSent: Monday, March 10, 2008 10:51 AMTo: MapGuide Users Mail ListSubject: RE: [mapguide-users] Lable problem

Does the font you are using exist on the server machine? If not the server will not be able to render it in the AJAX Viewer.

Regards,
Dave

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of ????? ???Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 3:48 AMTo: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.orgSubject: [mapguide-users] Lable problem

Im trying to set a hebrew lable for a layer, but in any font i try to set it in studio it does not show it corectly, can any one help me?