[mapguide-users] Problem with MG 2.0 installation on w2k3

Trond A. Tunheim trond.tunheim at cellvision.com
Mon Mar 17 09:10:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have tried to install MG 2.0 on 2 different Windows 2003 SP2 machines with the same problem. The installation process goes well, but when I look in the service control panel the "MapGuide Server V2.0" service is not running. When I try to start it, it dies immediately.  I looked in the system event log and found the following entry there : "Faulting application mgserver.exe, version 2.0.0.2308, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.762, fault address 0x000046b4." Is there a special trick to get this working ?. I'm using the default setting on all the installation parameters , with the .NET and IIS options chosen.

Br
Trond Tunheim, CellVision AS