[mapguide-users] mgserver.exe

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Mar 18 12:12:47 EDT 2008

Hi Brian,

>From what I can tell, it looks like the majority of MapGuide
functionality has been encapsulated in Autodesk Map 3D, so it should be
possible for you to build a desktop implementation that includes
MapGuide.

If you do, I would be very interested in seeing how you did it, with an
interest (personal, not speaking from PSC perspective) of seeing an
alternate build of a MapGuide desktop development kit.  MapGuideObjects?

Be aware that if you use the DBXML server (the MapGuide repository)
there are considerable licensing fees involved in making this available
commercially.  IMHO, a file-based repository would be more appropriate
for desktop implementation.

Jason