[mapguide-users] 1.2 to 2.0 Development

Rock Beans rockbeans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:18:18 EDT 2008

I have noticed many things broken with our development code primarily using
the Java based MapGuide API. Things like MGCordsys and simple calls like
getting column listings from a layer (stream error) are now all broken. What
happened to being backwards compatible? Are all developers that sunk time
and effort into every version going to get complaints and calls from clients
every version change? I am sure there was good reason to change things up
for functionality or speed but was there now way to reference the new
objects from the old objects? Is there some documentation on what to watch
out for as you upgrade, as far as API development goes?