[mapguide-users] 1.2 to 2.0 Development

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Mar 27 13:28:57 EDT 2008

The coordinate system stuff is an advertised change:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/2.0/Notes

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc35

I wonder if the other problem you're seeing is a bug?  The Java API is
probably the least used

Jason

From: Rock Beans
Subject: [mapguide-users] 1.2 to 2.0 Development

I have noticed many things broken with our development code primarily
using the Java based MapGuide API. Things like MGCordsys and simple
calls like getting column listings from a layer (stream error) are now
all broken. What happened to being backwards compatible? Are all
developers that sunk time and effort into every version going to get
complaints and calls from clients every version change? I am sure there
was good reason to change things up for functionality or speed but was
there now way to reference the new objects from the old objects? Is
there some documentation on what to watch out for as you upgrade, as far
as API development goes?