[mapguide-users] Grey image after some time in MGOS 2.0

Trond A. Tunheim trond.tunheim at cellvision.com
Fri Mar 28 07:00:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have experienced a problem with the MGOS 2.0 installation. After some time with moderate load it just returns grey images until the "Mapguide Server v2.0" service is restarted. We are using the WebApi with the GETMAPIMAGE mapagent operation.

A quick look in the Error.log file reveals some details about the problem :

<2008-03-27T10:54:37>                                                Anonymous
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: landlayer
        An exception occurred in FDO component.
        SDF connect failed. File does not exist or cannot be opened in specified access mode.
 StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 776 file d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_23.8\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp                Failed to stylize layer: landlayer
An exception occurred in FDO component.
SDF connect failed. File does not exist or cannot be opened in specified access mode.

After restarting the Mapguide server service everything works fine for a while.

We are using a web loadtester to reproduce the problem. The problem occurs with moderate load ( 2 users) continuously requesting maps for a set of areas. After about 2 hours the mapguide server ends up in the "gray state".

Does anyone have any ideas about this problem ?

Br
Trond Tunheim, CellVision AS