[mapguide-users] Re: getting layerdefinition

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon May 5 16:03:55 EDT 2008

So you have the resourceId, but need the layerdefinition xml?
Look at http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html
Click "Resource", then "GetResourceContent".
Fill in the field "Resource ID" and click submit.
You can read the URL of the resulting page:
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=GETRESOURCECONTENT&VERSION=1.0.0&LOCALE=en&RESOURCEID=Library%3A%2F%2FTest%2FSources%2FWorld.FeatureSource&FORMAT=text%2Fxml

If you have a sessionID, you can append it as a parameter like:
&SESSION=...sessionid...
That will prevent it from asking about a username/password.
Alternatively add "&USERNAME=Anonymous&PASSWORD="

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S

alucas at srtec.com skrev:
> Hi kenneth,
>
> I need the layer definition for a layer.
>
> Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>
>> What do you have to query with?
>> The map definition?
>> The runtime map?
>> The layer guid?
>> The layer name?
>> The layer xml?
>>
>> Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S
>>

>> alucas skrev:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I know this is a strange question, but it's possible to get the resource
>>> id
>>> from a layer through mapagent? I need to get this information without