[mapguide-users] Re: getting layerdefinition

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon May 5 16:24:17 EDT 2008

Then it is difficult.
There are two ways.
1) Get the resourceID for the MapDefinition (I can't remember if it is
avalible in the viewer directly, but it should be)
Then get the MapDefinition like below, and search through the layers in
the map Xml.
This assumes that the current map has not been modified.

2) Download and parse the binary runtime layers resource tag. (Very
difficult, but is the most correct way).
If you have access to .Net on either the client or server, you can use
my .Net API to do this:
http://code.google.com/p/mapstudioos/wiki/HowToUseMapGuideAPI

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S