[mapguide-users] Test if MapGuide server is running

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat May 10 13:49:08 EDT 2008

Jim, I wouldn't count on a lack of entries in the log file indicating that the server is running.  This hasn't happened to me recently, but I've seen a few cases where the server has just dumped out without any entries.

Using something like the mapagent's GetSiteVersion would have the benefit of testing both the web tier and the server, but of course it wouldn't tell you which was broken so a commandline API call might be better.

Jason