[mapguide-users] Fusion - feature hyperlink target?

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue May 13 12:48:15 EDT 2008

Yes, that makes sense judging from the URL from Studio.  It points the
ApplicationDefinition to a repository definition instead of on the
filesystem.  This was what was confusing me, I was expecting the
/slate/ApplicationDefinition.xml to supercede all but instead MapGuide is
only using the index.html in the /slate/ folder to assemble the Fusion parts
and pieces and then using it's own ApplicationDefinition from the
repository.

http://192.168.1.109:8008/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.htm
l?ApplicationDefinition=Library%3a%2f%2fSamples%2fSheboygan%2fFlexibleLayout
s%2fSlate.ApplicationDefinition

Whereas this will use the AppDef on the filesystem

http://192.168.1.109:8008/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.htm
l?

So, it looks like my objective of having a master ApplicationDefinition on
the filesystem that I can globally tweak as needed for that application will
not work well when using Studio flexible web layouts.  I really wanted the
template read every time at run-time by the Studio flexible layout, but
that's not how it works.  Rather, I will use the file system definition
exclusively where I can accomplish what I need.  It still looks like I ran
into a bug or two with Studio inheriting the parent ApplicationDefinition
template definitions when first defining a layout so I will log those issues
with Autodesk.

Andy