[ZS1] Re: [mapguide-users] raster help - seriously....

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Tue May 27 13:51:41 EDT 2008

I'm just super happy to finally have gotten it working.....I figured it
had to be a simple mistake I'd made.

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
> Very strange about the libpq. It is a PostGIS dll and should not be
> activated unless you use the PostGIS provider.
> I have done the exact procedure a number of times on various machines,
> without problems.
>
> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>

> Andrew DeMerchant skrev:
>> Your step #4 and 5 aren't on the wiki at all
>> (http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoGdalNotes). Actually, I tried that
>> based on your email, and it broke MSOS (now named Maestro, I guess).
>> I could no longer make any new data connections - kept getting a
>> message on the server that I was missing libpq.dll - which doesn't
>> exist anywhere....What I ended up doing was reverting to my original
>> FDO folder (that came with MGOS 2.0)....I noticed your step #10 - and
>> it does say that on the wiki, but I totally missed it. I'd copied the
>> "gdalplugins" folder to "Server/Bin/Fdo/", rather than "server/bin"!
>> Anyway, that was my problem....I'd tried everything. Thanks so much!!
>>
>> Andrew
>>

>> Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>>> I have rasters (GDAL/ECW) working in 2.0.
>>>
>>> The procedure I took was this:
>>> 1. Install MgServer
>>> 2. Install MgWebExt
>>> 3. Stop MapGuide service
>>> 4. Remove FDO folder (C:\Program
>>> files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO)
>>> 5. Download win32 FDO SDK here:
>>> http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/fdo-331-downloads#3.3.1_win_binaries
>>> 6. Untar (that is extract) the files.
>>> 7. Rename folder "bin" to FDO
>>> 8. Place the FDO folder instead of the one deleted in step 4
>>> 9. Download ECW plugin from here: