[mapguide-users] VMWare, MGOS and Windows XP SP2

BenoitBegin bbegin at geomapgis.ca
Thu May 29 13:49:58 EDT 2008

Yes, I should've mentionned we did that adsutil MaxConnection trick. We do
that on pretty much any XP machine we configure now. However, even boosted
to 40, we'll eventually get the Too Many Connection error.

I do not believe the error in itself is related to the IIS itself. As all of
the API calls done directly through the Mapguide Agent will work. The Studio
works flawlessly as well. However, any API calls done through the .NET API
to Mapguide will fail at the MGSiteConnection::Open call. Which is where the
problem lies. Eventually, the calls will start getting through and
everything will work just fine. Wether the call is done from an ASP.NET
page, or a desktop application or whatever.

This problem never occurs on any of our non-virtualized OSes. So my guess
was that there is something different that has to be done with MGOS to work
well on VMWare.