[mapguide-users] VMWare, MGOS and Windows XP SP2

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri May 30 00:04:21 EDT 2008

mapguide does default to using 127.0.0.1 as an ip address, check to see what
the webconfig.ini has for

[SiteConnectionProperties]
IpAddress                          =127.0.0.1

try using the actual ip....

you can also run fiddler to see what the http traffic looks like

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 3:49 AM, BenoitBegin <bbegin at geomapgis.ca> wrote:

> Yes, I should've mentionned we did that adsutil MaxConnection trick. We do
> that on pretty much any XP machine we configure now. However, even boosted
> to 40, we'll eventually get the Too Many Connection error.
>
> I do not believe the error in itself is related to the IIS itself. As all of
> the API calls done directly through the Mapguide Agent will work. The Studio
> works flawlessly as well. However, any API calls done through the .NET API
> to Mapguide will fail at the MGSiteConnection::Open call. Which is where the
> problem lies. Eventually, the calls will start getting through and
> everything will work just fine. Wether the call is done from an ASP.NET
> page, or a desktop application or whatever.
>
> This problem never occurs on any of our non-virtualized OSes. So my guess
> was that there is something different that has to be done with MGOS to work
> well on VMWare.
>

> Trevor Wekel wrote:
>>
>> This post seems to indicate that it is possible to increase the IIS
>> connection limit on Windows XP.  I haven't tried it though.
>>
>> http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000329.html
>>
>> Trevor

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com (My Blog)