[mapguide-users] OpenLayers and MapGuide: retrieving feature information

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Tue Nov 4 07:17:25 EST 2008

Dear all

I'm new to OpenLayers and I realise that many of you may have not used it,
but I address this to those who have:

I don't know how to retrieve feature information from a MapGuide layer.

I've configured an OpenLayers map to show my tiled base layer using
OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide(). If I use this same construct for my overlay
layers, how would I go about querying the features within it to show a
tooltip/popup?

I have seen references to WMS and WFS. Should I use these constructs
instead? I just need a hint to get me started so any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Stuart