[mapguide-users] Define the minimum zoom scale for the DWF Viewer from code

Sebastian NICIU nick_sebastyan at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 03:00:50 EST 2008

Hi,

Does someone now if it is posible to set the minimum zoom scale in the dwf viewer ?

Using the ajax viewer I modify the value of the "minScale" variable from the default  0.01 to 10 for example and it really works.
The "minScale" variable is located in MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtensions\www\viewerfiles\ajaxmappane.templ but if I look in the dwfmappane.templ this variable don't exist.

I need to set this variable because in our maps we have some objects on the map that are points.
Because points don't have size the viewer will use the minimum scale defined to zoom at that point.
The problem is when I select a point and want to zoom at it my map gets blocked, it keeps loading forever, but if I use the ajax viewer with the minScale variable modified everything works perfectly.

I use jsp pages to do all the dirty work so any help will be very appreciated.