[mapguide-users] WMS featuresource + projection problem

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Nov 21 03:29:08 EST 2008

I don't have a solution, but here is what I do know:

MapGuide does not support raster reprojection yet, but its in the making.
If you create a new map and insert your raster, you will get the message
below.
The error message explains that the map does not have a coordinate
system, so you can't
convert the raster to the other projection (which is empty).

You could send in a enhancement request and ask that an empty coordinate
system
should skip the re-projection (an obvious default IMO).

Apparently MapGuide makes a map on-the-fly for the WMS request, and
for some reason, it will not set the projection for the map.

Have you tried to set the projection override on the raster to
something like "XY-M" and see if you get another error message?

Beware that currently MapGuide Studio uses the Mentor projection library,
where as MGOS uses the PROJ.4 library, so if you pick a coordinate system
in Studio, it might not work in MGOS.

This will change as Autodesk has purchased the Mentor library, and
released it
as open source, and it will be included in the next version of MapGuide.

For now you can try to set the coordinate system override using Maestro,
as it uses the actual server coordinate systems:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S