[mapguide-users] Dotnet viewer sample application problem

stoff mail at effing.org
Sat Nov 22 05:00:54 EST 2008

Hi padmini,

the error concerning the path of you webconfig.ini is strange. Have you
installed http://mapguide.osgeo.org/download/releases/2.0.2 the windows
binaries? You have to do this and you must import the sheboygan example
package.

You must realize that the dotnetviewersample is not really state-of-the-art
asp.net code. so it works like old asp coding stuff
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Server_Pages). So it is not debuggable
within the visual studio. Please read
http://www.nabble.com/Create-a-Visual-Studio-2008-Solution-of-dotnetviewersample-to18235849.html#a18235849
this thread .

So it is still a task to develop a dotnetviewersample solution which
contains asp.net compatible coding...

In my project we are working on some parts of the viewer application in real
asp.net code but ... it is remittance work.

Good luck,

stoff