[mapguide-users] Problem in the GenerateFilter() method of the MgSelection class

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Tue Nov 25 02:54:43 EST 2008

I found the problem.
There is no error in the GenerateFilter command.
The error come while posting xml data from the client js to the server aspx
command.

Here and example of what's going on with FeatID = 250.

1) we get the XmlSelection from the Client API
<FeatureSet>
  <Layer id="2c8890dc-0000-1000-8000-000c29aacf8c">
    <Class id="Schema1:uf_poly">
      <ID>+gAAAA==</ID>
    </Class>
  </Layer>
</FeatureSet>

2) we post this xml string to the server aspx, on the server we now have
this string
<FeatureSet>
  <Layer id="2c8890dc-0000-1000-8000-000c29aacf8c">
    <Class id="Schema1:uf_poly">
      <ID> gAAAA==</ID>
    </Class>
  </Layer>
</FeatureSet>

3) as we are creating a new MgSelection with this wrong value, the
GenerateFilter command can't process it properly.

Here is base64 representation of some FeatId
247 : 9wAAAA==
248 : +AAAAA==
249 : +QAAAA==
250 : +gAAAA==
251 : +wAAAA==
252 : /AAAAA==

The little program failed with featIds 248,249,250,251, they all starts with
+

I'm pretty sure many of you who has experiences Selection/generateFilter
problem have this same behavior.

Bruno Scott