[mapguide-users] Categories.txt still a problem on linux

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 12:15:01 EDT 2008

Hi All,

After once managing to sort out my categories.txt problem, and being able to see all of my coordinate systems in linux, it appears this was a one off and I now can't, either with my original 2.0.1 installation or 2.0.2. This clearly sounds like an environment variables issue, so once again can I plead with successful MGOS users on linux to explain how they fixed this? Right now it's a total show-stopper for me, which is sad.

To reiterate the problem: I can only see arbitrary coordinate systems when I "enumerate categories" in mapagent. If I try to convert from epsg to wkt I get the following error:

The coordinate system conversion failed. Could not convert to WKT from EPSG code: 27700. Internal error: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv. Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.
The coordinate system conversion failed. Could not convert to WKT from EPSG code: 27700. Internal error: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv. Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files. Exception occurred in method MgCoordinateSystem.ConvertEpsgCodeToWkt at line 2003 in file ../CoordinateSystem/CoordSys.cpp

I have moved categories.txt from /usr/local/mapguideopensource/server/bin to ./data and ./nad.

This problem occurs whether I am running mgserver.sh as myself or as root, and if I have previously set the environment variables proj_lib and gdal_data using "export" or not.

Thanks in perpetual hope

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development